BOC: ST, AoF remasters

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Sun Jul 8 21:06:04 EDT 2001

Andy sez:
> Well, I think the remastering is well worth it - both of
> these sound very crisp and new, and a definite improvement.
> (I expect Steve to say he thinks the original mastering was
> better though :))

Sheesh, have a _little_ faith!  ;-) I've always asserted
that the older albums were in desperate need of remastering
(BOC, ST, and Specters being the worst cases).  Oddly
enough, even though Tyranny is smack between two of the
worst mastered albums, it didn't sound all that bad to me
(the remaster does seem to have a little more crunch and
a little more bottom end to it, though).

Anyway, I've been unsubscribed from BOC-L for quite a while,
since about mid-May, so I missed all the discussion
surrounding these.  I didn't even know they existed until I
ran into them in a record store last night.  Is the rest of
the catalog forthcoming?

Final note: the fact that they were mastered by Bruce
Dickinson just about killed me.  All I could think was,
"I NEED MORE COW BELL!"

--
Steve Swann      |  Speak to me in many voices, make them all
swann at cugc.org   |     sound like one - Blue Oyster Cult