OFF: HW: Paul Chain - Sign from Space

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Tue Jul 10 19:45:35 EDT 2001

>Grakkl (FAA)
>ObCDinthemailtoday:  Paul Chain - Sign from Space (Vinyl Magic/Beard of
>Stars) - how do the others compare?

I see you got this one - I'm curious what you think of it? If you adjust for
the  more modern, slightly slicker production and the digital synths, this
to me almost has the feel of Hawkwind jamming during the Doremi sessions -
the kind of thing that DB might then edit down into a song for release. I
did some searching on the web for Paul Chain, and apparently he's been
around a while, playing in a doom metal band called Death SS, and
continually working with various other people, maybe some experimental
stuff, sort of Italy's answer to Justin Broadrick. I'm also wondering what
his other material sounds like, but there seems to be a lot of it (very
varied too) - I'll wait and see if I can find out a bit more before trying
to get a hold of any of it.
Stephan