OFF: Bowie book

Tim ma-paharper at IOPENER.NET
Tue Jul 10 20:13:25 EDT 2001

Ted Jackson wrote:

 > On 10 Jul 2001, at 18:58, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:
 >
 > b)
 > > his career must be in a mess if he's reduced to this c) if it isn't,
 > > let's hope it soon will be Andy Garibaldi P.S. Don't get any ideas
 > > Adrian!!!
 >
 > His career may be in a mess artistically, but he's loaded beyond
 > belief--one of the wealthiest musicians anywhere, just a notch or 2
 > behind Sir Paul.  I suspect he's doing this simply because he can!

theo

I vote for `a'.
if you remember,he made a big deal about selling shares so his fans could
invest and get something back...
then all the shares were bought by 1 insurance(i believe) company-as if they needed
the extra money and cared about david bowie musically. having read some bowie bios,
the underlying theme seems to be that he uses anyone to the extent that they can be used and then are cast off. one book even had a picture froma a concert during the `modern love'
tour,and no-one knew who one of the guitarists was because there was no record of him in any of the concert info!!
heathcliff