OFF: White Noise (was Re: BOC-L Digest - 10 Jul 2001 to 11 Jul 2001 (#2001-278))

Dave Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Wed Jul 11 06:49:08 EDT 2001

Mark (Hasbeen) asked:

>Would that have been Electric Heat ?  I only ask because
>it's only album I've ever seen and that was many many many
>moons past.

Almost. The first album is "An Electric Storm" and is well worth getting
hold of (but it *is* extremely odd). Hard to describe, so I'll quote the
blurb from the sleeve:

"Many sounds have never been heard - by humans: some sound waves you don't
hear - but they reach you. 'Storm-stereo' techniques combine singers,
instrumentalists and complex electronic sound. The emotional intensity is at
a maximum."

I kid you not. Says it all, really! Don't know if it ever made it to CD. I
also have the second album  - the imaginatively-titled "White Noise II"
(circa 1975, I think). I haven't heard this in years but recall it being
absolutely dreadful. There is also a White Noise III from the 80's (or
90's?) I believe, but I never bothered with that given the travesty of the
second. Hope that helps.

Dave