HW: Lord of Light Sighting

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jul 12 11:02:03 EDT 2001

Hi there...

Picked up a copy of Negative Reaction's "The Orion Chronicles", a stoner
trio from parts unknown (perhaps New York state where it was recorded).

There's only two extended pieces on the disc, not particularly interesting
stuff...very slow, plodding stuff with bad singing.  Reminds me of Sleep
from San Francisco who opened for NikT in '94 (was it?).

Anyway, there's a bonus track (unlisted)...a five-minute cover of "Lord of
Light", which is really darn good musically-speaking, but is completely
ruined by some of the worst singing I've ever heard in my life.  Beware!

www.gametwo.com if you wanna hear it for yourself.

Grakkl (FAA)

ObSiteForAGoodLaugh: http://jevans.xerox-sbc.com/Signs/1_signs_.htm
(The Pork one is quite excellent!  Originally I thought it must be
Scandinavian (and so an 'innocent' mistake), the work 'Sask' seemingly of
Swedish provenance...but no, appears it's short for Saskatchewan, and so the
sign must be Canadian and so almost certainly an intended double entendre,
especially given the photo.  Cheeky monkeys!)