I need an Island and a few good friends

Mich@el B michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Thu Jul 12 15:39:08 EDT 2001

  From: Mich at el B
  To: mikewind at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 4:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [mikewind] Re: ALIEN DREAM

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: mike c
    To: mikewind at yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 4:27 AM
    Subject: [mikewind] Re: ALIEN DREAM

    Michael is around now

    >>>Hi brother Mike!!!

    tell me of your influences Michael

    >>> first there was the beatles - then Kiss - Ace Frehley man I wanna play aa guitar!!!!
    Then I discovered Jimi Hendrix by accident at a Roadhouse diner on a jook box - fuck me - purple haze
    think I was 14
    Then came the Doors - cool shit!!!
    Then I got right into the blues and some jazz n stuff acid jazz
    then some heavy metal like Ozzy and Black Sabbath etc
    Then one fine ev3ning of dropping little bits of blotted paper acid a friend played Levitation
    and that was it
    the music - the sound the feeling the way I always dreamed music should sound - but the best part was I loved it even more so when I was straight - sober etc

    I was duly impressed as everyone else has been.

    >>> thank you - I feel our music is a celebration of love and life and a serious look at the way the world works or is?
    Alien Dream on the other hand is a celebration of creation and creativity and the desire to reach out and seek other forms of life and exsistence thruoout the universe!!

    Renee has great vocals..if that was her....are you an ASH RA TEMPEL fan???

    >>> I met Renee in Alice Springs - moved in next door to her when I was 20 (1988) - I was practicing my guitar on the back poorch one day and she was playing and singing a song - sounded really great - went over and said HIYA!!
    Im always interested in "new" stuff

    if not, you should be

    will check it out!

    Levitation was the first hawkwind LP I ever saw, and it was in a record
    crate in the back of a friend and co-workers car, named "King Yenowine"-
    he had a brother named Dallas.

    they were sooo coool.....

    I miss that dude

    he was older

    lost touch as school and different jobs intervened

    didn't get to hear Levitation till much later, but always remembered that
    cover.....

    how could I forget what is "happening" on that artwork

    Delta-wave all the way (IMHO)

    m c

    wasn't Levitation "Your First Love"????

    >>> Indeed LEVITATION was my first Hawkwind Experience and will allways be fondly remembered that way - but since then I have discovered a wealth of incredibly beautiful music from Hawkwind that inspires, and stimulates my senses beyond mere words!
    I could write way too much on that subject....