HW: Camping at Canterbury - Saturday 18 August

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat Jul 14 02:03:10 EDT 2001

>On 13 Jul 01, at 6:47, Alastair Lee Sumner wrote:
>
>>The guide books have a Caravan and Camping site at Painters Forstal
>>Farm just outside Faversham.     It is described as a delightful
>>site, immaculately kept but advance booking is advisable and it
>>would mean a 3 or 4 mile walk to get to Mount Ephraim Gardens
>
>Hi Jill, spoke to you on IRC about a week ago. Four of us from the
>list are booked on this campsite
>
>We are also booked onto this site, Friday and Saturday

Alright.  Damnit...USAir just came up with a $450 RT flight to Brussels and
I'm thinking about coming now, and also going to Kloster-Cornberg the
following weekend.  I'd bring my tent like last year, and so would be
interested to know if pre-booking would be necessary for tenting (as opposed
to caravanning).  There's no website for PF Farm and seems weird to think an
about overseas call for that.  How is the safety with leaving stuff during
the "day" (18th)?  Would someone have a vehicle to lock stuff in for those
of us train-travelling?  What would be the nearest station to the campsite
(coming from Dover)?

Anyone else going to Kloster-Cornberg (near Bad Hersfeld/Eschwege, Germany)
and could tell me similar info (camping onsite at festival? if not, where?),
locations of trainstations, etc. - would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the self-important diversion.
Need to decide *tomorrow* whether to come or not.

Grakkl (FAA)