OFF: Pressurehed, Nik Turner

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Jul 18 15:16:26 EDT 2001

>2.  Pressurehed - Silver Bird/Mastodon
>(Philips, Pressurehed) 1994 Cleopatra.

So, this is a cover that doesn't appear elsewhere and its f*ing fantastic -
nuts, now I have to get the double CD. With Pressurehed apparently defunct,
I guess its unlikely to appear on any band compilations, the way a lot of
hard-to-find Farflung stuff popped up on So Many Minds. Incidently, I
thought P'Head were one of the rare cases where the use of drum machines
didn't really detract from the sound - Len DelRio seemed to have a knack for
programming the things.

>6.Nik Turner-- "Sun Jester" (Transglobal Friends and Relations;
> Transparency Records)
>7.Nik Turner-- "Yrckoon" (Transglobal F/R)
>  Nik Turner-- "Dream Worker" (Transglobal Friends/Relations;
> Transparency)

Is this the new double '90s collection? Presumably with some tracks having
backing by Farflung/Pressurehed? How is it overall? Is Sun Jester like the
BOC tune? Is Yrckoon like HW's CotBS? Tell us more - enquiring minds want to
know ... or don't - what the hell, we know we're going to get this anyway...

Stephan

NP: Pharaoh Overlord - #1
hypno-improv-stoner-rock from finland ***** (5 stars) file under psychedelic.
the Mystery Shopper enters Slow City, eating Mangrove root and drinking
Alcohol warmed over a Blue Flame, while the Transatlantic Landslide
continues Non-Stop. oh Yeah.