Rarest Silver Machine

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Wed Jul 18 21:58:56 EDT 2001

Indeed.  I believe I've got one of only three (AFAIK) ever pressed
"Huddersfield" editions - the intro (in the run in grooves, rather than the
song itself) goes (and this is the best way I can describe it) goes
"fssshkkkk-ta-krrr - fsssshkkkk-ta-krrr - pink-fsssshhh - ta - kpkpkp"
before the obligatory long
"wawawawawaWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWsssshhhhhhhwwawawawawa blanga blanga blanga..."
intro.

It also carries a sticker saying "Stubbs Second Hand Shop - 70p", which I
understand should add a couple of quid to the value.

Funnily enough, my copy of Psychadelic Warlords/It's so Easy on UA has no
picture sleeve, but (get this!), actually on the centre label, there's a
similar sticker, reading "Stubbs Second Hand Shop - 85p".  If any readers
could advise me as to the value of this item I'd be most interested as I'm
getting married next year and may need to realise a few assets.  (if it
helps, there is sound on the run in grooves on this one too - a sort of
"Ivor The Engine" 'FFsshhht'kupf, FFsshht'kupf, FFsshhh'tkupf' sound - I've
never heard another version *quite* like it.  (Oh, and the cardboard sleeve
reads "Sly And The Family Stone".)

Is it in the codex?  :-)

Cheers,

Rich.

(I only woke up a minute ago, in need of a piss, and some of the details
above are only from memory.  I'm going back to a nice warm woman now.
Aaaahhh, the joys of ADSL...)