COTHM: wow!

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jul 19 11:24:18 EDT 2001

On 19 Jul 2001, at 17:07, Jean-Charles Moriaud wrote:

> First, the bass lines! What a fantastic job Danny put together!

You Betcha!  Danny is a great bassist.  I was hoping he'd make an
impact on CotHM, and wasn't disappointed.  Catch the dude live
some time, and you'll REALLY be blown away...

Second
> the voice. I was never a fan of Buck singing, and I am not too
> impressed by "his" songs, but superb job too from Eric. Then the
> guitars are perfect, just lacking one solo you'll never forget - maybe
> on the live versions. Allen and Bobby are well here too, nice job. I
> am truly astonished by the cohesion of the group

Good point.  HF sounded like a bunch of songs with no cohesion.
CotHM really sounds like an ALBUM...

> Being French, I am basically concentrating on the music at first, just
> because I don't get most of the lyrics until I can read them ;-).

You won't get a lot of them AFTER you read them!  But don't worry,
I speak English and I don't get Shirley's lyrics...

They
> look OK as far as I could understand, but I am sure they are not
> matching the ones of the earlier albums. Never mind. This album rocks!
>
> Anyway, I am happy to be able to share my pleasure with the list. I
> wish they will tour in Europe as quick as possible.
>
> Pardon my french!

Pas de tout!  They don't tour much here either, unfortunately.
They've been concentrating on outdoor festival shows all summer,
and aren't playing anywhere close chez moi...