OFF: Pressurehed, Nik Turner

HeyICanWorkThisThingToo novadrive at HOME.COM
Fri Jul 20 11:29:14 EDT 2001

I'd heard rumors a while back about some songs that Nik wrote for 'The
Chronicle Of The Black Sword' before he was booted from the band appearing
on a CD...could these be them?  It would be great to hear some 'new' songs
from Nik rather than the constant redoing of the same old Hawkwind tunes...

KevinSommers

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Chuck Rosenberg
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:42 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Pressurehed, Nik Turner

>  >6.Nik Turner-- "Sun Jester" (Transglobal Friends and Relations;
>  > Transparency Records)
>  >7.Nik Turner-- "Yrckoon" (Transglobal F/R)
>  >  Nik Turner-- "Dream Worker" (Transglobal Friends/Relations;
>  > Transparency)
>
>  Is this the new double '90s collection?

Yes, on Transparency Records.  <transparency at disinfo.net>
alt. versions of '94 and '95 tours, also FF w/Nik stuff from '97 and a great
version of FF's "Day of St Anthony's Fire" from the 2000 Spaceland gig
(remember, Doug??).

Presumably with some tracks having
>  backing by Farflung/Pressurehed? How is it overall? Is Sun Jester like
the
>  BOC tune? Is Yrckoon like HW's CotBS? Tell us more - enquiring minds want
>  know ... or don't - what the hell, we know we're going to get this
anyway...

the double-CD starts off w/four studio tracks from NT band '95. first one is
w/A. Powell on vox, pretty good pop-space-rock, sorta Quark-era style...
then
3 Moorcock tracks (none w/MM himself). Sun Jester is musically unrelated to
BOC, lyrics are the same (like Nik's version w/Darxtar). "Yrckoon" totally
jams, based on P-Hed's "Slo Blo"...

Chuck