HW: on converting new souls

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Jul 23 19:10:39 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 05:49:54PM -0500, Arin Komins wrote:
> What album do folks normally use to "turn" on new people to HW?
> (if you had to pick one of the offical releases....)
> I tend to hand over QS&C, but that's personal taste ;-)

Depends on the person.  Pick something at least a little similar
to stuff they already like.  QS&C is fine for people into new
wave and 80s stuff (it's the one HW song the local "new music"
station ever plays -- or did play, back before I got seriously
tired of "new music" and tuned them out).  If they're into 90s
electronica, start them on IITBOTFTBD.  If they're Motorhead
fans, the date range should be obvious...

You get the idea.

Plus Space Ritual, of course, whatever else you hand them.

> Arin
> (looking to convert a few people.)

Yes, Hawkwind is indeed a proseletyzing religion :-)

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
necessarily a good idea.
        - RFC 1925 (quoting an unnamed source)