HW: on converting new souls

mike c deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Jul 23 20:31:16 EDT 2001

Hey folks, (from Arin)

"I've had a bunch of people ask me now to listen to HW, since I'm
so obsessive about them ;-)
What album do folks normally use to "turn" on new people to HW?"(snip)

 It won't work.  The general masses are too stupid to accept HW the way we do-
they will put on the face of how great it is at first, but you'll later see
that their money is going to other artists, and they don't love it the way
they acted.

 Tell people that show an interest that it is now a sacred institution, and
it reaches special people, then draws them together.

Tell them if the music didn't find THEM, then they are unlucky and not chosen.

but since we all must strive forward in this area, especially when
questioned about our joy-

 Quark seems to be a real great one.

I personally would try to shove acid down their throat (you know, if it
were legal), and play Space Ritual.

When I went to the San Diego 89 show, a guy (we'll call him a guy anyway)
in the parking lot gave my friends liquid LSD, and I passed on it, since I
was driving (and it's not legal, of course), and I had plenty more drinking
to do, and I was happy on my Jack Daniels and beer "Springs" .......

meanwhile back at the hotel my Space Ritual cassette came in very handy......

I have never seen such mesmerized brain nothingness

later, I was told it was a surreal experience of "Like music was playing,
yet not like music was playing"

I know what they meant-

I call it a sea. An Astral Ocean.

mike C