OFF: Pressurehed, Nik Turner, High Tide

Stephen Lindas Lindas at MARKETDAY.COM
Tue Jul 24 06:05:52 EDT 2001

Ancient gates was reissued a few years ago. I neglected to pick it up for
$11. BIG DUH!!!! Now Its outta print. If you find it tell me where so I can
get it too. CHEERS STEPHE

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Pearson [mailto:jasret at MINDSPRING.COM]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 7:54 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Pressurehed, Nik Turner, High Tide

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:59:48 -0400, Stephan Forstner
<stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> wrote:
>As for High Tide - after my recent acquisition of 'Open Season' I was
>psyched - so-to-speak - into searching out their later stuff, and have
>been able to collect quite a bit of info and even acquire a few of the
>discs...

Thanks for the info/opinions, Stephan!

>...Finally there is 'Ancient Gates' - apparently a collaboration with
>an Indian vocalist, Sushi Krishnamurthi...

... which reminds me: at around the time they recorded 'Sea Shanties'
and 'High Tide' (and, for that matter, 'Precious Cargo'), all four members
of the band recorded an album (for a different label - Deram, I think?)
backing someone named Denny Gerrard.  Anyone have a copy?  Anyone know
*anything* about this release?  Never seen either an original or reissue,
myself ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com