HW: Thrilling Hawkwind confusion

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jul 27 14:37:22 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:28:48 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
>Does anyone know if there's a difference between:
>

>Thrilling Hawkwind Adventures  GRF840CD   and
>
>Thrilling Hawkwind Stories  GCD8402

They would almost certainly be the same.  In the US, the last number for an
album's UPC code indicates the format.  -1 is vinyl, -2 is CD, I think -3
is cassette, and I believe there may be others for DAT etc.

So 8402 is probably the US catalog number, and 840CD is probably the
Canadian catalog number (the '2' and the 'CD' indicate the same thing),
since I don't think the US UPC numbering system is used anywhere else in
the world.

Of course, that doesn't explain the alternate title or catalog number
prefix, but it's a start ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com