OFF: CD Services catalog

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jul 27 21:07:25 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:30:08 -0400, Stephan Forstner
<stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> wrote:
>Just got the latest CD Services psych/space-rock catalog
>and I had a few questions regarding the A-Z list catalog,
>but since they involve bands that are of interest to at least a few others
>on this list I am posting them here instead of directly to AndyG...
>
>Blue Oyster Cult - For the Heavy Metal Kids (Live NY 72)
>What is this? I don't recall it being mentioned on the list before.

A Spanish (Munster Records, I think) release of the 4-song "live" EP.  All
4 songs are now available "offically" between the WotT 2-CD set and the new
remasters.  I have a copy on 10" vinyl ...

>F/i - Earthpipe
>I think this was an early 90's release but I've never seen (or heard) it -
>where is this coming from? I assume its not part of the Lexicon Devil
>reissues as they were covering the earlier material...

This was a German-released "live" album of their second German tour (the
first one had John Frankovic of Plasticland filling in for Richard Franecki
before he quit the band, the third German tour was a "Ginger Baker's
Hawkwind"-type affair where their ex-drummer put together a fake F/i for
the tour!).  And to tie in with one of your other questions, it includes a
*great* cover of "Flying Hay (like a sheep)" by Marble Sheep (and also an
*awful* cover of "2000 Light Years From Home" that the band blame on said
ex-drummer).  It won't be part of the Lexicon Devil reissue program,
although most of the songs originally appeared (studio versions) on albums
that will be.  It also includes one of their very, very few "vocal"
numbers, "Stop At The Left", which orignally appeared on the 'Badger A Go
Go' compilation (I have pestered Lexicon Devil about including the studio
version as a bonus track, but I think that's up in the air).

>Marble Sheep - Shinjuku Loft
>I could have sworn this was out-of-print - I have been burning copies of it
>for trade - looks like I've been doing a bad, bad thing. I had also heard
>that Captain Trip would soon be deleting the other Marble Sheep mk. I
>titles (Old From New Heads and Whirl), or is that also not the case?

Not sure about that.  I can ask folks who would know.  Of course, I still
wish that someone would reissue the first Marble Sheep album on Alchemy.
That's one you don't have to feel guilty about burning copies of!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com