New Live Hawkwind Recording (Ha Ha)

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIE.CO.UK
Fri Jun 1 02:44:15 EDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001 22:58:13 +0100, ANDREW GARIBALDI
<andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:

>Blackpool Winter Gdns Aug 12th headlined by Turner's mob posing as H******d
>circa '70 plus String Driven Thing's main man, some obscure group called
The Body fom way back, a guy from Tractor, and a whole load of other acts
>they've 'dug up' for the occasion - and technically the CD Services Sales
>stand if we can get enough stock together by then (all disapppeared when
the >recent cat came out).
>Andy Garibaldi

The obscure band called The Body were featured in the Liverpool Echo
recently. They are trying to locate one of their original members to get
him to play at this show. The story related that they will be supporting
HAWKWIND (the Echo's word - not mine) in Blackpool this August. The lost
soul was last known to be somewhere in the South West of England!

Two pictures of this band (one from 70's, one from NOW) were featured. The
NOW picture mase them look like some sort of cabaret band that makes a
living going round doing lots of 70's heavy rock covers. Come to think of
it they looked a bit like the current line up of Deep Purple or Whitesnake
or somebody like that. I wonder if they know what they are letting
themselves in for?

Mark