OFF: Anubian Lights Naz Bar

Fri Jun 1 17:19:05 EDT 2001

well it's like this..........
a)Andy G personal viewpoint: avoid it for it is the devil's work!!
b)Andy G's professional viewpoint: avoid it for it is the devil's work (no
offence Tommy and Len)
c) a customer's viewpoint this week: I thought it was actually so bad that I
found it quite entertaining ("dunno what he was on"-AG)
d) another customer's viewpoint this week: you've got to hear these things
when they're this bad just out of curiosity ("what the hell are you lot on
right now????"=AG)
For now I can say no more for speechless with it, I am (the famous Yoda
impression)
or
it's actually a stab at commerciality - what thye've essentially done is
taken the Anubian Lights instrumental concept onto a sort of commercial
ambient dance arena, injected it with some summery vibes and world music
influences, sort of Latino and Salsa through a looming tube, and come up
with something that they  and the label think will probably sell by the
truckload. On intetesting fact so far is that the vinyl is actually
outselling the CD in the UK and that, of the total CD sales in the UK, we've
actually done half of them. Got some nice freee giveaway stickers from the
label for it,though, more to be added to the bulging 'free stickers' drawer
where half a ton of the old 'Alien 4' cards still reside.
Ah what fun -
heard today that our Davey album has still not yet hit the pressing plant
because Dave can;t do it without the appropriate MCPS form, he ran out and
they have yet to send some more, so sorry for the delay.
All who registered for the Night Of The Hawks DVD will get it on time, and
the good news for you USA people is that you will get an NTSC version from
us  so you can actually play the thing.
Andy Garibaldi