HW:U.S.A.F.T.S. "Dragonfly"

Stinkbomb deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Jun 4 16:41:08 EDT 2001

Doug P.:

Yes.  Exactly.  Mr. Holmes is 100% correct here.  The LP has one side of
Hawkwind tracks, all previously released on 'Hall of the Mountain Grill',
and the other side is Jefferson Starship tracks, all previously released on
their debut[*] album, which is indeed called 'Dragonfly'.  'Dragonfly' is
NOT the title of the US Forces album, but rather the Jefferson Starship
album from which their tracks on said US Forces album are taken.  It would
be just as misleading to refer to the US Forces album as 'Hall of the
Mountain Grill'.  There are no "unreleased" or "rare" tracks on the album
by either band; being a hardkore kollektor (i.e. Mike & Mike) is the ONLY
reason to own the album.  Got it?

But Doug....he credited Airplane......what percentage of correct is he
EXACTLY???? (I lost that capability)

and I agree about your Airplane/Starship O-Meter........hahahahaha

have you seen that VH1 special where Grace is drunk off her toosh, and
bitching at the German audience .....in a HORRID singing voice (hair on
end)....

The label for the above LP is listed as AFRTS 1974...if that is really the
label or not, can't say, but that's how Tawn lists it....

I also, seem to remember John Zsigray said it had a "rudimentary" cover,
from having talked to an owner at SD 99........

**snip**