HW: Brian Tawn/Hawkfan/Trev's goodbye/Bill's sad story

Bill & Cynthia freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Jun 4 20:14:27 EDT 2001

Mike C. wrote:
<Snip>
> It was a SERIOUS apology, although please don't take me out all
> alone....misery loves SOME company!!!!!

That it does. I stand beside you with guilt. Even tho you're not replying to
my posts.....

But I wish for more Hawkwind content too. Although I have been a fan for
over 26 years I know very little compared with some on the list. I grew up
in a coastal country town 600 miles from Perth and the only way I heard of
new Hawkwind albums was reading  the Independent Charts in 18 month old New
Musical Express and Melody Maker magazines. Then the LPs had to be ordered
in and that took weeks. This by a chemist store who was also a gift shop and
record shop. By people who would say, " Led Zeppelin - yes, he's good isn't
he."
I knew nothing of bootlegs, taped live shows, rare records or collectables -
but I do own every "officially sanctioned" album they have put out except
Spacebrock and Family Tree.

Bill