BOC: I got it-- a tentative review/overview

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Tue Jun 5 14:00:37 EDT 2001

Quoting "Scruton, Jason" <GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US>:

> The packaging is cool.
> The production is miles better as a whole because its
consistent., HF was
> not.

I haven't heard the whole thing yet. . . I'm about
halfway through it.  I have to say that so far I think
it's MILES beyond Heaven Forbid.  In fact, after
hearing what I've heard of the new one, I appreciate HF
a lot LESS than I did even just yesterday.

I think the songwriting (music-wise) is FANTASTIC this
time out, but I too noticed some lyrics that made me
cringe.  I would think Buck, Eric and Allen would
recognize the stuff that sticks out so prominently.  Of
course Allen doesn't even have a single solitary
songwriting credit. I think these days they just give
him a time and he shows up.

But this is definitely a winner.  I'm loving it so far.

--Nick