OFF. Jefferson Starship - Dragonfly

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 5 18:00:49 EDT 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:35:36 +0100, Chris Warburton
<desdinova at MADASAFISH.COM> wrote:
>I'm rather fond of "Baron von Tollbooth...." meself.

Me, too.  I find that one to be a mixed bag, but the good parts are *very*
good.  "Your Mind Has Left Your Body" is one of the best psychedelic
recordings ever, and (I am NOT a Dead fan BTW) Jerry's steel guitar on that
one is especially trippy (as is the whatever-the-weird-chimy-ethnic-
percussion-instrument-is played by Mickey Hart).

And as for Grace Slick solo albums, 'Manhole' (post-Airplane, pre-Starship,
recorded slightly before 'Baron Tollbooth') is the good one.

>And I'm another who thinks thnat "Blows..."  is the only good thing went
>out as a "(Jefferson) Starship" album... now, if I could find another copy
>of "Bless Its Pointed Little Head"......

Have you heard the 'Fillmore' live CD (from '68 IIRC) that was recently
released?  Very similar to, and possibly better than, 'Pointed Head'.
Essential for Airplane fans (like me) ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com