BOC: Mirror

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Tue Jun 5 19:03:44 EDT 2001

Finally, some BOC content.. whoopee!

Oh say it ain't so. Thats what I found lacking on HF. I was wondering
specifically which lyrics are the painful ones (I'll hear for myself soon
enough.. off work in 5 min.) I'm guessing its the Shirly lyrics.. Damn..
There's gotta be someone else out there, doesn't there? With some bands,
lyrics are not too important and I can overlook poor ones but dammit, BOC
has never been one of those bands. The lyrics matter.

Oh well.. Times ain't what they used to be.

By the way, this list has gone to shit in my absence. I hate to be a grouch
but really.. the sig to noise ratio is beyond belief. (Yes, I've turned off
NIK and HW which don't interest me but they keep coming thru the digest
anyway.) I don't know how long I'm gonna last here (flame away if you like).

JB

-=-Snip-=-
Do not pay attention to the lyrics to closely. some are rather BAD.
-- "exactly" is not a good word to put in a song about old gods returning.
emphasizing it doesnt help either.  I just like to be bad is not that much
better for verbiage.

Pocket, is a rocket.
Dance on stilts, here comes that feeling are pure well honed Buckpop
Out of the darkness -- moody Bloom (hehe)
Stone of Love - very Meltzery words. and crisp riff
Eye of the Hurricane - power chord o rama. but with lots of lil riff
changing.
"theres an eye in my hurricane" - a lyric. (sigh)
Good to feel hungry - sounds almost like they used to be with jazzy sound.
"good to be angry when youre ready to yell."

The song credits:

Dance on Stilts -  Shirley/Roeser
Showtime - Bloom/Trivers
The Old Gods Return - shirley/bloom/roeser
Pocket - shirley/roeser
One step ahead of the devil - shirley/bloom/roeser/miranda/rondinelli
i just like to be bad- shirley/bloom/ B. Neumeister (who is that??)
Here comes that feeling - D. Trismen (who is that ??)/Roeser
Out of the darkness - shirley/miranda/bloom/roeser
stone of love - meltzer/roeser.  (will he actually get royalties now?)
eye of the hurricane - shirley/bloom/B.Neumeister/Roeser/Rondinelli
Good to feel hungry - shirley/miranda/bloom/roeser

More later than sooner.
must listen.

Jason (under the cover of internship