OFF: Chef Geoff (Allentown) fest

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jun 6 09:52:18 EDT 2001

Hey there...

A note from Paul Williams that I saw on r.m.p., important for those planning
to attend.  I just saw Babylonian Tiles for the second time here in
Columbus, and they were really hot.  They're a 'space-prog-goth' trio from
California and are very technically sound.  Keyboardist/lead vocalist Brynna
Golden has quite an odd voice (not surprising given that she's
wheelchairbound and oh, perhaps 75 pounds - that's 5 1/2 stone), but you get
used to it in due time and it actually works well within the music.  They
would be a good fit for these other bands, better than the space-doom of
Nucleon, who if you've been to a Strange Daze or two, you've seen already.

Enjoy...

Grakkl (FAA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quarkspace
with ArtTek (a tangerine dream influenced group)

with The Solar Fire Lightshow providing the visuals.

also the most excellent psych band Babylonian Tiles, MAY play this
show as well, filling for Nucleon who unfortunately had to cancel.

The festivities will be held Sat. June 9th at

Planet Trog
3578 MacArthur Blvd. (RT 145, methinks)
Whitehall PA 18052

The music starts at 8.  I am pretty sure the ticket prices are $10,
but don't hold me to that.

Also, a fresh reminder that Spacefolds 7 has been released by
Quarkspace.  The latest opinions from quite a few feel it to be our
best yet.  I agree that it is our most symphonic...  trippy, symphonic
improv.   One of the days soon, mp3.com will make available the two
SF7 samples I uploaded 3 weeks ago.  There should also be some samples
up on amazon.com within the next couple of daze.

Thanks for the bandwidth,
PW