HW: RE: calvert question

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 6 19:40:53 EDT 2001

In message <1.5.4.32.20010606193547.006e6898 at pop.pipeline.com>,
Stephan Forstner <stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> writes
>> the most
>>glaring one is in "Ten seconds of Forever", wherein the forests of Venus
>>have become 'duned', rather than 'jewelled' like they used to be in the 70s.
>>Maybe some space bandits stole all the jewels, leaving only sand....
>
>Venus must be the home of the protagonists of Fable of a Failed Race, where
>'this land / That once was green (and) is now all sand'!

That's the one... I _knew_ there was a salient Calvert lyric somewhere in
the canon, but couldn't put my finger on it. Great minds etc.
--
Nick Medford