off - lend a hand - off

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jun 7 10:04:34 EDT 2001

Paul Mather writes:

> In my experience, the names Plextor and Yamaha are always mentioned when
> recommending CD-ROM and CD-R{W} drives.  Almost everyone reckons that
> Plextor make hands down the best SCSI CD-ROM drives, especially for
> digital audio extraction.

Yep. In line with prior recommendations by Paul I got a SCSI Plextor CD
writer and a Digital Island Fiji Soundcard. I've been very happy with
the performance of both items (When I tested the noise level of the Fiji
against my then Soundblaster Live card on a blank input, noise levels
were around 3% in the Fiji compared to the Soundblaster on A/D conversion.)

FoFP