HW,NIK: Nuclear Waste single on eBay

Nux Vomica deltawave at METRONET.COM
Thu Jun 7 11:24:16 EDT 2001

MW:
"What's the difference?  From the liner notes, I got the impression that
Sting was on
the original version, before he became a household name.  This release was made
later to capitalize on his name (it says "Sting in a Tin" on the front).
What's the full
story?"

it's my understanding that it is a recording done before he got famous,
along with Hillage, Williamson, etc.....
it was originally released as a very limited 45, on the Virgin/Nuke label,
and this mix of the song and 45, are the rarest.....it then was issued
again a couple more times, one of them by Charly records (I think the last
issue), and now latest on the CD of interest here.

The CD version has a mix of it's own (I believe), which is slightly
different than any of the 45's, which all differ a little I believe.

The CD version came in a silver tin, AND a blue colored tin (that I
know/have), and there is also a jewel case version.

 mike c