BOC: MIRROR v. Mirrors -- who wins?

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Thu Jun 7 11:44:11 EDT 2001

>Yeah, the hits are definitely there, but I don't think there's
>a station
>format that these tunes fit into very well. It seems like classic rock
>stations play 5 bands and 10 songs total,
> modern rock stations wouldn't touch BOC with a 10 ft. chronos symbol,
Its odd how the some of the modern rock stations around here play old
Aerosmith at times, along with Scott era AC/DC. strikes me as... odd.

But yeah... the idea that BOC has a new album of new material is impossible
for programmers to grasp.
Last time  I heard non Reaper/Godzilla/Burnin for You was in the early 90's
on a short-lived attempt to have a metal station in Syracuse. they played
Red and the black, Golden age of leather and something else from the non
singles collection. oh yeah, Cities on Flame.
Sad its gone.

>seller. That's when songs like Here Comes That Feeling would've fit
>perfectly on the radio.
Yes.

What's also cool about this is it seems CMC gave BOC a bigger budget to work
with -- I mean that album art is really really good -- its got the aesthetic
sensibility of their classic album covers (up to Revolution by Night).
Here's hoping to rock out more.

I do wish though that the in memoriam included Helen Wheels. But that's
neither here nor there.

Jason
PS: heheh. yeah that subject line is Bad. my vote goes to Curse of..