OFF: Circle, Pharaoh Overlord, Paul Chain

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jun 7 20:09:43 EDT 2001

In message <1.5.4.32.20010608000533.007118d4 at pop.pipeline.com>,
Stephan Forstner <stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> writes
>I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with this, but to take Hawkwind as an
>example, I see all the UA releases as albums, while the Charisma releases
>are mostly collections of songs, with the exception of Astounding which is
>somewhere in between but closer to an album.

I know what you mean, and I agree about the UA albums, although "Hall"
doesn't quite fit the bill IMHO, with the mix of live and studio (although
it's my favourite HW album after Space Ritual). But I can't really agree on
the Charisma LPs: Quark and Hawklords are definite albums to my way of
thinking, while ASAM is a bit of a ragbag. And... uh... well that's it really,
just thought I'd confirm your suspicion that people would disagree :)
--
Nick Medford