OFF. Jefferson Starship - Dragonfly

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jun 8 01:44:41 EDT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 03:18:31 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Doug Pearson wrote:
>
>> Have you heard the 'Fillmore' live CD (from '68 IIRC) that was recently
>> released?  Very similar to, and possibly better than, 'Pointed Head'.
>> Essential for Airplane fans (like me) ...
>
> Is this the same as a thing I've got called _Through the Looking Glass_?

No, it's 'Live at the Fillmore East', released in 1998 on RCA (well, really
BMG).  Recorded 3 & 4 May 1968.  Similar to 'Pointed Head' (the jam similar
to "Bear Melt" is entitled "Thing"), but with more songs from 'After
Bathing At Baxter's' (my fave JA album) & 'Crown of Creation'.

>If not, does anyone know what this is? It doesn't seem like a
>boot, it has a label address (in Italy) and a full band bio, but nothing
>actually specific to the actual release beyond a back-cover
>tracklist. It's *great*, but I'd like to know it's in some sense
>legit.

An Italian address makes things a bit suspicious ... I would *hope* that
I'd heard of it if it really was legit.  Does it have good sound?

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com