HW: Bored while watching the election online

bwaje bwaje at CLARANET.FR
Fri Jun 8 08:44:54 EDT 2001

Everyone should lobby film directors, hollywood, cineccitta and indian
studios to use HW in their soundtracks;
let's start with
John Woo,
The Coen Bros.
Wallace & Gromit authors
Wim Venders
and Ry Cooder to make a documentary...

Olivier

At 08:19 08/06/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I was half-watching a late night kung-fu film on satellite tv once. During
>one of the fight scenes I noticed that the backgound music was
>from 'Pictures at an Exhibition' by Isao Tomita (One of my favourite
>musicians). That was unusual enough. This was then imediately followed
>by 'Masters of the Universe' by Hawkwind. By this time I was checking to
>see if my hi-fi had come on by accident or someone else was playing it in
>the house. Freaked me right out.
>
>Alastair.
>
>On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:56:05 +0200, Sebastian Welton <sebastian at WELTON.DE>
>wrote:
>
> >While watching the count come I decided to trawl the web looking for
> >Hawkwind and related stuff that doesn't seem to have been mentioned here:
> >
> >- Hawkwind (along with Abba) were used as the soundtrack to a
> >Swedish/Danish/Italian film called Tillsammans directed by Lukas Moodysson
> >in 2000 (I think I might have seen this actually)
> >
> >- There's a very nice poster called Fantasy by Peter Pracownik based on
> >Hawkwind (DM23 from www.poster.de)
> >
> >- There are 2 Burg Herzberg CD's available of which the first contains
> >Hawkwind playing Love In Space (also includes Gong, Guru Guru, Faust, etc.)
> >
> >- There's a 700W horn system (at DM13,340) and a 1800W bass reflex speaker
> >(at DM5,742) under the model range Hawkwind and there' a PA system called
> >Hawkwind
> >
> >- You can get a nice poster of the line-up of the Hot Rock Night festival
> >(1973) featuring Hawkwind and others (from www.rockart.de)
> >
> >- Jimmy Cauty (he of KLF fame) released a remake of Silver Machine calling
> >himself Scourge Of The Earth which is available on the I Don't Know What
>You
> >Want But I Can't Give It Any More sampler (any other versions of this as
> >this is only a radio edit? And I wouldn't mind a copy)
> >
> >- There's a track on the album Nani Nani by Dekoboko Hajime called Bad
> >Hawkwind
> >
> >- A cover version of Silver Machine by Payola/Sissies/Smoke Blow on the 10"
> >album The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
> >
> >That's enough crap...looks like Labour have done it again...time for bed...
> >
> >MfG / Regards
> >
> >Sebastian Welton - sebastian at welton.de
> >www.welton.de +++++++ 0049 171 8880522

<mailto:bwaje at claranet.fr>Olivier Boigey

www.bwaje.com
<http://www.bwaje.com/hawkzone/>Hawkzone

The stars are matter, we are matter, but it doesn't matter - Don Van Vliet