HW: Voiceprint CD

Sat Jun 9 07:00:07 EDT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Colin Allen wrote:

> Well, my free CD arrived from Voiceprint this morning and, guess what, it
> IS the mis-pressed Spacebrock which I already have!  As this mispressing
> happened after the anouncement of the "free CD", one wonders what the
> original freebie was meant to be.
>
> Does this strike anyone else as a cynical move to shift some dodgy CDs?  I
> do hope that no-one from the band was involved in this decision as it is
> really cheap IMHO!

        I expect they were hoping that Dave would pull some archive stuff
out of the barrel and when he showed them the bottom already scraped for
_Glastonbury 1990_ they had to make shift. Or, in the more cynical
version, the bunch of cowboys never had any idea what the thing would be
as the release schedule only just made 10 when the Series started and they
weren't expecting it to be an issue for ages. Then this fell into their
laps.

        What can you do, a real record label would demand some real band
work. Sorry, this Election has made me cynical. Sorry, more
cynical. Yours,
                Jon

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk