BOC: ERIC'S VOICE

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Sat Jun 9 23:49:41 EDT 2001

I remember a couple years ago everybody was talking
about Eric's vocal problems and whether or not he'd
ever recover.  I think it's pretty obvious from "Curse"
that he did. . . and did he ever!

Eric sounds amazing on this disc.  Some of his growls
and yells take me right back to the early '70s. . .
even though I didn't become a fan until the early '80s.

He even makes the reggae beat work in Showtime. . .
although it would probably look more authentic if he
were singing it with his old afro.  Perhaps done up in
dreadlocks. . . ?

--Nick