OFF: streaming spacerock

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Sun Jun 10 09:36:36 EDT 2001

Hi Everyone!

Got this message from the e-prog mailing list.
Looks like some good stuff!

Karen

   Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 01:09:58 -0000
   From: "Rob" <britdude at snet.net>
Subject: (unknown)

Hi Everyone! I thought that those who may not be members of The
Progressive Music Society may nevertheless be interested in the
following links, which will give you access to some streaming Space
Rock playlists that we put together to aid our discussion of this
genre at the club. It's a great way to get introduced to new bands
and perhaps some older ones that a few here may not have heard yet:
http://www.myplay.com/mp/playlist/now_playing.jsp?plid=416053&start=1
http://www.myplay.com/mp/playlist/now_playing.jsp?plid=415700&start=1

The links will be good for two weeks, and the stream-speed is dial-up
modem user friendly. I hope you enjoy it, as it took a lot of work to
put it together.  By the way - anyone who might have observations on
these tracks and who wants to join in the discussion at PMS will be
able to find us at:
 http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theprogressivemusicsociety
All are welcome - the emphasis is on new or obscure prog, and it's a
very friendly club.  This month's genre discussion is Space Rock.
Rob

ps: I haven't prepared a printed playlist for the second of these
links, but the first is as follows:
(format is Track/Artist/Album/Time)

Assault & Battery/The Golden Void - Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of
Time - 10:10 -
Eternal Guidance - Ship Of Fools - Out There Somewhere - 6:40 -
Revolve - 7% Solution - All About Satellites And Spaceships - 7:07 -
Eternal Wheel - Ozric Tentacles - Erpland - 8:20 -The Circle -
Quarkspace - Deepest Trips - 7:00 - Stonehenge. Nik Turner -
Mysterious Encounters - 7:37 -
You Never Blow Yr Trip Forever - Gong- You -11:22
Restless Skylight-Transistor-Child - Amon Duul II - Tanz Der
Lemminge - 19:33 -
Let There Be More Light - Pressurehed - The Other Side of Pink: A
Tribute to Pink Floyd 5:59 -
Arwr Rhithwelediad - Melting Euphoria - Inside The Gardens Of The
Mind - 4:45 -
Your Kingdom, Your World - 7% Solution - All About Satellites And
Spaceships - 7:03 -
Oh Yeah - 7% Solution - Gabriel's Waltz (Ltd. Edition) - 6:27 -
Interstellar Overdrive - Spiral Realms - Solar Winds - 8:49 -
Silverbird - Mastodon - Pressurehed - Space Daze -- Disk 2 - 3:34 -
Mysticum Arabicola - Ozric Tentacles - Erpland - 9:15 -
Dislocated Day - Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways - 5:24 -
Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth - Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb
Sun - 4:48 -
Threshold - 7% Solution - Gabriel's Waltz (Ltd. Edition) - 7:25 -
Perfect Mystery - Gong - You - 2:26 -
Plurnstyle - Ozric Tentacles - Become The Other - 7:48
Der Lauf der Giraffen - Ash Ra Temple - The Private Tapes - 3:27 -
Vibuthi - Ozric Tentacles - Become The Other - 10:51 -
Opa-Loca - Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time - 5:13 -
Gabriel's Waltz - 7% Solution -Gabriel's Waltz (Ltd. Edition) - 5:59 -

A Sprinkling of Clouds - Gong - You - 8:57 -
Happy - 7% Solution - All About Satellites And Spaceships - 7:06 -
Amplified Ohm - Melting Euphoria - Inside The Gardens Of The Mind -
7:04 -
Master Of The Universe - Hawkwind - In Search Of Space - 6:15 -
Spiral Galaxy 28948 - Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time - 3:46 -
Dreaming Waves Engulf My ... - Melting Euphoria - Inside The Gardens
Of The Mind - 6:22 -
>>From Time - Ship Of Fools - Out There Somewhere - 15:08 -
Ayurvedism - Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent - 19:03 -
The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke) -
Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill - 7:19 -You Know You're Only
Dreaming - Hawkwind - In Search Of Space - 6:38 -
Trip to 69 - Spiral Realms - Trip to 69 - 6:50 -
To Shade My Mad Existence - Melting Euphoria - Inside The Gardens Of
The Mind -8:41 -
The Sky Suspended - 7% Solution - All About Satellites And
Spaceships - 5:14 -
Careful with that Axe Eugene - Nik Turner - A Saucerful of Pink: A
Tribute - 9:08 -
Ayurvedic - Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent - 10:57 -
Web Weaver- Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill - 3:07 -