Snivelling New Age Guys...... :) Off on a tangent - ooooopp psy's

Samantha Kirwan samantha.kirwan at NTL.COM
Mon Jun 11 03:39:38 EDT 2001

LOL - Top banana!!  Hope the girlfriend's feeling better.

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Jarrett [mailto:jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK]
Sent: 08 June 2001 19:07
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: Snivelling New Age Guys...... :) Off on a tangent - ooooopp
psy's

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Sam Kirwan wrote:

> If u know 1 I'd be amazed - there are no men like that - they don't have
the
> genetic make up for it - they have the genes for plenty of other fun stuff
-
> a woman could not have conceived Hawkwind for instance - but looking after
> more than themselves..........
>
> (No offence lads - we luv u dearly for what u r)

        This has been hanging round my INBOX for more than a month now,
and I'm still not exactly happy about it. This may have something to do
with the fact that I've been kind of busy looking after a near bed-ridden
girlfriend and still-perfectly-healthy toddler whilst trying to keep a
part-time job and part-time Ph.D. running at the same time. And that
Bedouin gig happened in there too. So might I gently suggest that there
are more (wo)men in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your
generalisation, which despite your happy little disclaimer I still find
pretty offensive. I know some pretty good female-led tripper bands
too. Maybe you could have a fresh take at your gendertyping. Yours,
                                                                    Jon

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
  "There is a certain pleasure in being mad, which none but madmen know"

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited