BOC: ERIC'S VOICE

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Mon Jun 11 10:32:12 EDT 2001

Nick wrote:
>> He even makes the reggae beat work in Showtime. . .
>> although it would probably look more authentic if he
>> were singing it with his old afro.  Perhaps done up in
>> dreadlocks. . . ?

John replied:
> I heard from Melne that the original version of "Showtime" was even more
> reggae-ish than what was done on COTHM.

For those of us without the Buck archive series, how do the other old tunes
(Here Comes That Feeling, Stone of Love) compare to the originals? I
remember you writing that Stone of Love sounded better, but how so?

I can't get enough of HCTF. It's just an incredible '80s-style pop tune.
Stone of Love has grown on me. I liked Meltzer's lyrics from the beginning,
but the arrangement took a little while to click with me.

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower
MP3 Radio