BOC: ERIC'S VOICE

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jun 11 10:43:43 EDT 2001

On 11 Jun 2001, at 10:32, Brian Halligan wrote:

> Nick wrote:
> >> He even makes the reggae beat work in Showtime. . .
> >> although it would probably look more authentic if he
> >> were singing it with his old afro.  Perhaps done up in
> >> dreadlocks. . . ?

EB's vox is back big time, but he should have some SONGS to
sing.  Some of the lyrics on EB's songs have left me scratching my
head.  I Want to be Bad and Out of the Darkness are almost painful
to listen to due to the lyrics.  The music's just fine.

Anyone else get the sense that CotHM is Flat Out, part 2?  It's full
of great stuff, but doesn't sound like a BÖC disc.  The sound quality
and recording are great, IMHO, and the overall feel of the disc is
great.  But there isn't a real killer BÖC tune on the order of SYiB or
HM from HF, but overall, I'd rate it a better disc than HF.

Very pop-ish, on the BD songs.  I honestly think BD would be a
great pop producer, if he ever feels like retiring from the road...

theo