BOC:was eric's voice now Buckpop

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Mon Jun 11 11:02:58 EDT 2001

>Anyone else get the sense that CotHM is Flat Out, part 2?  It's full
>of great stuff, but doesn't sound like a BÖC disc.  The sound quality
>and recording are great, IMHO, and the overall feel of the disc is
>great.  But there isn't a real killer BÖC tune on the order of SYiB or
>HM from HF, but overall, I'd rate it a better disc than HF.

If you put all the BD tunes on one tape/disc from Heaven Forbid and CotHM
you'd have an awesome 2nd album by Mr. Roeser.

>Very pop-ish, on the BD songs.  I honestly think BD would be a
>great pop producer, if he ever feels like retiring from the road...
Interestingly though, its a different notion of pop, I think, than whats pop
today -- thinking of Britney Spears, the remake of Lady Marmalade, etc. What
Buck does is far more of the weird amalgam of honest good songcraft and
accessibility charateristic of the age in which he grew up listening to rock
and roll radio.

he'd kick arse, yes. Imagine the Foo Fighters under a Dharma tutelage.