OFF: TRIM YOUR POSTS!!!!

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Tue Jun 12 16:04:39 EDT 2001

Please, please please... PLEASE.. Trim your posts. Its driving me mad. If
you are unaware, those of use who receive this list in digest form get it as
one continuous email. That means we are forced to scroll through long
threads over and over each time someone replies to it.

I don't really mind the off-topic stuff but PLEASE.. there is no need to
quote the entire thread just to add a one-liner. If you must quote, please
do a kindness and trim away all but what is relevant to your reply. In the
last digest I read about some guy's forklift driving job at least 6 times
(maybe more, I lost count). Basically, the digests lately have consisted of
the same 3 or 4 threads repeated over and over in their entirety, one for
each reply. It makes searching through for the few messages that I want to
read a thankless and time consuming task.

I was tempted to leave in the quotes from the last digest so you guilty ones
could see just how bad it is but would then be guilty of the very thing I'm
pissing and moaning about so I refrained.

Please, I beg you.. Take a few extra moments, be considerate.. TRIM YOUR
POSTS!

Thanks :)