HW/MOTORHEAD

Moon Glum moonglum at DREAMWORKER.CO.UK
Tue Jun 12 18:33:12 EDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:21:24 -0400, Ductor, Dan [NEUUS]
<DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM> wrote:

>Excellent commentary Doug!
>
>I just found one of my earlier attempts at playing bass.   At the
>time I had an old Fostex 4 Track and I did my own version of
>Motorhead; an instrumental version thank God!!   Bass playing,
>C-; Guitar playing...B.
>
>Anyone else ever do their own version?
>
>Dr. Dan

Not of Motorhead, no, but I too once had a Fostex 4-track and attempted
cover versions of Death Trap, Brainstorm, Robot and 1 other which i no
longer recall.  this was in the privacy of my own bedroom and i chose those
particular songs because i thought HW had never done them as well as they
could be done.  and then i found out that a 4-track, a guitar, a few cheap
effects and a miniature casio keyboard weren't going to enable me to
surpass DB's efforts in a 24-track studio.  my conscience is however clear
as i am 99.99% certain that the master tape has been destroyed.

Moonglum