HW/MOTORHEAD

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 12 21:23:20 EDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:21:24 -0400, Ductor, Dan [NEUUS]
<DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM> wrote:
>Excellent commentary Doug!

Thanks, Dan!

>I just found one of my earlier attempts at playing bass.   At the
>time I had an old Fostex 4 Track and I did my own version of
>Motorhead; an instrumental version thank God!!   Bass playing,
>C-; Guitar playing...B.

Heh heh ... for me, the two grades would have to be reversed.

>Anyone else ever do their own version?

I've never attempted to record a version of "Motorhead", but Lemmy
undeniably wrote some the greatest bass riffs ever!  "The Watcher" is
another big fave of mine, and despite the fact that they're really cool &
interesting sounding, neither one is that difficult to play (unless you're
playing "Motorhead" at a 'No Sleep Til Hammersmith' tempo).  I still
haven't decided which one will be used to "innagurate" my 4004LK when it
arrives later this year ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com