BOC: CotHM

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Wed Jun 13 09:06:53 EDT 2001

> ignorance that keeps me from 'getting' OotD and
IJWtbB]

I don't know. . . I think OOTD is very strong.  I mean,
on one hand, it's just the average "your parents hate
me" thing, but at the same time, there's such
determination in that song, both in the parents'
desperation to keep Eric away and his determination to
be with the girl.  You kind of have to wonder what
makes this guy so bad.  I guess with a little
imagination you can turn it into something a little
less banal.

As for IJLTBB, I think it's fun.  Kind of reminiscent
of "You're Not the One I Was Looking For", which is a
guilty pleasure of mine.  I enjoy when they get a
little mischievous.

Speaking of which, I notice that the backing vocals in
Stone of Love sound disctinctly like the Bouchard
brothers are back in the mix.  I have a hard time
believing that wasn't intentional.

--Nick