OFF: Quarkspace

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jun 13 13:23:41 EDT 2001

>WHAT HAPPENED TO NUCLEON? I love them. STEPHE

I think they just had to cancel for some reason.  Not sure why.  Perhaps
some sort of conflict or something.

Yeah, the first time I saw Nucleon (at SD'98 I guess), I wasn't so
impressed.  I thought they were just loud and unrefined.  But they've really
improved their songwriting over these last couple of years, and I think
they've grown spacier perhaps due to their experiences at events like SD and
seeing all the other bands.  Stoner-type space-metal with synthesized bass
doesn't sound like it would work, but it really does give them a unique
character.  Check out their first CD, 'Hyper Emitter' or whatever it's
called...very good stuff, if kind of a muddy recording.  Manic Moon is the
label.  I think nucleon.cjb.net is the band's website.

Grakkl (FAA)