OFF: Concerts, hmmm.

Mark Lee mark at ESPARTO.UK.COM
Thu Jun 14 06:10:44 EDT 2001

Gotta say this is so true, even I admit to being guilty on occasion
of suffering from the same 'virus'.  I used to go to gigs regularly
in my younger days and found some really excellent groups that way.
Bands like ours (Dr Hasbeen) and Spacehead amongst others suffer from
the fact that we don't play mainstream music, which appears to what
99.9% of venues want, even when we play a 'rock' oriented venue we
still get asked the same question, "do ya do any other covers mate".
Without sufficient funds to promote ourselves in the way that some
of the mediocre mainstream stuff is pushed at us it's a case of doing
what we can, when we can afford it, even people like Alan must suffer
when they travel 200+ miles to do a gig and find 20-30 people there.
It don't even pay the petrol...

I can't think of a way to change the system for the better, if I could
then we'd all be megastars now !  We do it because we enjoy it, and
if on occasion we make a couple of beers out of it, whoopeee.

My only hope is that some of the people on this list like Mr Dibs
continue to make the efforts they do to keep us fed with the musical
food we enjoy, the BADAMS of this world are few and far between.

One day The Hawk will cease in it's current incarnation, it seems that
due in part to the virus mentioned there is little chance of a 'live'
band taking on the mantle, any band. We'll probably end up cocooned
in our little virtual world having to be satisfied with studio only
stuff, sad but most likely true.

Anyway, I feel better now that I got that off my chest, back to
the grindstone...

Mark (Hasbeen)