BOC: Lyrics--Good?

Andy Gilham email at ANDYGILHAM.COM
Thu Jun 14 08:05:28 EDT 2001

> I've been listening to CotHM a bit more, and it seems I'm only taking
> shots at JS, and not giving credit where he deserves praise.  I'm not
> saying ALL his lyrics are bad, and in fact, some are pretty good
> indeed:
> TOGR:  Vintage BOC stuff.

Not convinced - "Sweep our cities"?  And the opening - "Now is the time/the
stars are in align/...ment" is a bit clumsy, if you ask me.

> Pocket:  Great song in all respects, lyrics included

I think DR does a fantastic job of making the lyrics work!  I think it's a
bit long for a pop song, I find the "in this particular second" backing vox
a bit wearing the fifth time around, but it and "Stone of Love" are the two
best tracks for me.

On the other side of the coin, I present for your enjoyment: "She'd process
words to the dance music station."  In fact I find "I Just Like To Be Bad"
frankly awful in all respects.

I'm actually rather disappointed with CotHM, overall.  Although some of
these will be killer live, I'm sure!

-- Andy

www.andygilham.com