HW: Cleveland Shows

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jun 14 19:02:13 EDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:12:12 -0400, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>So, to tabulate Cleveland HW gigs since 1978...
>
>Yr   Venue              HW lineup           Opener(s)
>'89  Phantasy Theater   4-piece w/ Harvey   My Dad Is Dead ...
>'90  Empire (2 shows)   5-piece w/ Bridgett Sosumi & SpaceCore
>'91  Empire             Trio                Sosumi
>'95  Agora              4-piece w/ Ron      SpaceCore

The '95 lineup was Brock/Davey/Chadwick/Tree

>'97  ?*                 Ditto?              ?*

The '97 lineup was Brock/Richards/Tree/Chadwick.
The opening band in Cleveland at the Phantasy was Einstein's Secret
Orchestra (who played at Strange Daze a couple years later, and are notable
for including Chas Smith, who played with the Pagans and the [Radio Alarm]
Clocks).

The New York City show that year (Coney Island High) definitely had one of
the stranger Hawkwind-openers in the Bunnybrains.

>'98  Nelson Ledges      JR/ST/SH/RC/CR      N/A
>'02  We can only hope

>* dunno...was out of the country
>
>Anyone disagree?

See above ;^)