BOC: Lyrics--Good? (veering OFF)

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Fri Jun 15 07:52:33 EDT 2001

>>> On the other side of the coin, I present for your enjoyment: "She'd
>>> process words to the dance music station."  In fact I find "I Just
>>> Like To Be Bad" frankly awful in all respects.
>
>Theo replied:
>> Music's okay, but the lyrics...ugh...
>
>Agreed. Since reading the fan's comment on Like to Be Bad in the
>interview/chat with Eric, I can kind of hear the Who influence in the
>verses. I still don't like the song though.

Speaking of the Who, there's just been released a Who tribute album called
"Substitute" with tracks by D.Bowie (Pictures of Lily), and other notable to
semi obscure bands. I don't hear the Who sound in like to be bad, myself.
the song isn't as flexible as a townsend two chord riff. If its the same
thing I heard overhead between sets at Don Hills, some girl rock group do a
storming version of I Can See For Miles.
Speaking of Covers, Sleater-Kinney have done a remake of Boston's "More than
a Feeling."

BTW, Govt. Mule Fans, they're playing in the capital region/Mohawk valley
area as part of some bigger festival thing by Terrapin productions (or is it
concerts?) I ll find out more if needed.

if BOC ever end up doing TV  these days, they should go on Conan o Brien's
show playing "pocket" or Dance on Stilts, (though SYiB would be a great way
to rile up the crowd with the way the song ends heavily  and furiously)--
after all he had the 7 piece King Crimson on playing Dinosaur!

there once was a note, listen
Jason