HW:strangest opening acts (was OFF: Quarkspace et al.)

christmu@eunet.no christmu at EUNET.NO
Fri Jun 15 12:40:26 EDT 2001

 >OK, folks, what was the strangest opening act you've seen for Hawkwind?  My
 >vote would have to go to either
 >A. Sex Kittens or
 >B. the Limelight Cage Dancer...

The Limelight Cage Dancer was great - not only because it reminded me of my
previous girlfriend at the time who was a dancer at a go-go bar, but
because it harkened back to the anarchy of the old days I suppose. I
thought Braindance were awful, Finally Balanced were pretty good (anyone
have a full list of opening bands from the Limelight 95 show??)

A local act called Diamond Dogs opened up for Hawkwind when they played
Oslo in '91, I remember them playing an outstanding version of "2000
Lightyears From Home".

Those are the only times I've seen 'em, they ought to play Oslo again as
they've played in Norway only twice - Bergen 1974 and Oslo 1991.

Chr.

NP: an unidentified Germs/Bad Brains cassette