BOC: I still love it

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Sun Jun 17 20:15:54 EDT 2001

Well, everyone's else's criticisms notwithstanding, I
still love "Curse" almost unreservedly.  And believe
me, I'm not trying to make anyone feel like they should
love the album as much as I do, or whatever.  I'm just
VERY happy with the disc they put out.  I like the
whole thing, basically.  Even the lyrics are
palatable. . . at least more so than HF's.

Even "She processed words to the dance music station"
follows in a kind of corny/funny tradition that the
band established years ago.

One thing I find interesting though, is that in all the
articles I've read about BOC over the last three years,
they always refer to Buck, Eric and Allen as
the "creative core" of the band, or something to that
effect.  I guess it's not hard to understand why the
band would try to perpetuate that story, given the fact
that they're the only ones left.  But I would have to
think that Al, Joe, Sandy and the often-contemptible
Meltzer would have something to say about that.

--Nick