ATTENTION ALL LIST PERSONNEL!!!!!!

mike c deltawave at METRONET.COM
Mon Jun 18 14:47:37 EDT 2001

  Dear Hawkwind Cult: (I.E. "Enthusiastic Appreciaters"

The following is a post I sent to the YAHOO Hawkwind list.....it is about
the listowner Bob Lennon (one of my best friends) and I thought some of you
here that are friends to him as well, but not participaters of the Yahoo
list may find it of concern.

 This is a weird time right now.....

as I sat here this morning contemplating the lifespan of my friend and his
girlfriend,,,,,,,

I got this call.....

Bob Lennon has been involved in some SERIOUS SERIOUS SERIOUS shit....

he is lucky he and his family are ALIVE!!!  that's right........

I was going to tell you people that he lived on a second floor apartment,
and if he got flooded, then it's a BAD FLOOD.

It has happened before, and he has had to be rescued by boat.

This time is MUCH WORSE.  It seems there were some REAL FREAKED OUT STORMS
going on here in the states.............

I didn't want to stick my neck out as I have done in past, but he's OK'd me
to tell you his story......

They had 15 feet of water. that was only the beginning.  There was an
explosion of unknown origin that completely blew up the building next door
to him -       (8 apartment UNITS) People died. People are still missing.
Flames billowed out at Bob's apartment.

Bob has lost ALL his furniture, among the usual household things.  I asked
about his records(couldn't help to).....he lost the first 2 rows of his
record collection, but luckily NOT his Hawkwind collection which he keeps
up at the topmost shelves......

His CD's of Hawkwind survived.  His digital one-of-a kind videos and such
are history however.

They are investigating the explosion, and the flooding is so bad, no-one is
allowed (or can) get in to work on salvaging anything......

I may fly up there if I can to help them when it calms down a bit......

I was thinking maybe some of us might pitch in to help him with furniture,
etc., as he has no insurance.........

Lucky his wife and child were not there at the time.

Bob told me he almost got pulled under the water, and could have drowned. I
think he said he grabbed a tree, but I am not certain.

Mike Coleman